Thursday, March 3, 2016

[BOOTLOOP] [SOFT-BRICK] help fix [mac laptop] [HEIMDALL] [JODIN3] [android sdk] etc.

First off, let me apologize for posting what has been semi-answered in several other threads. Im a lifer when it comes to android but still a noob at rooting and custom roms. I've been rooting for about 4 to 6months. mostly basic beginner stuff. this was my first attempt at flashing a custom rom, and well, the fact that I'm here lets you know how that went for me. So I've read 30 or more threads between this site and some others and tried a handful of methods to fix but i lack the knowledge or lingo to properly understand some of the things that I've read. So anyone kind enough to break things down barney style like a bootloop for dummies for me id be forever in your debt. Here is my issue...

Once i found out that the note 3 n900a of mine is not compatible with clockwork mod or team win recovery i found and downloaded the SafeStrap recovery and flashed the biggins custom rom and even tho i tried going by the guide i read i must have went wrong somewhere and got myself stuck in boot loop or soft brick.

I've tried downloading a stock firmware for the note 3 and reflashing with heimdall. i thought it was going to work since everything went according to the guide i read 100% but it still failed.

from reading other forums I have also downloaded these programs:
1. android studio sdk
2. Java and latest JDK 7
3. zip devil
4. heimdall suite - heimdall frontend
maybe more I've forgot.

Could anyone please help explain to me the easiest method for a beginner to recover from boot loop? I can't even get my phone to boot back into safestrap recovery. only screens i can access is stock recovery mode...adb factory reset cear cache external sd etc. and Odin download mode. When i tried using the safestrap recovery i saved to my ext sd card saved as twrp file that the program mirrors, I'm not sure if I'm loading the wrong files within this folder or perhaps the wrong order or if this recovery won't even work for me at all.

I've downloaded all of the above mentioned programs but I'm not at all familiar with properly using them to do what i need with them. Please, anyone, explain this in english to someone who isn't skilled or long term rooter. if you need any more info on my issue please contact me any way you can or ask for a way to contact me externally and ill provide that as well.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1nkniAb
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment