Monday, March 28, 2016

Phone rebooting itself to "Bootloader unlocked"

Hi Everyone,

Im using XT1550 and installed CM-12.1 from the official snapshot type ( http://ift.tt/1RA6fFi) and its been working okay.

I wanted to build my own and so followed steps at Build_for_osprey wiki page to build a ROM (No changes, just copied steps from there) and tried to install it. Once I get into TWRP and flash the zip file, it comes back to the "Warning Bootloader unlocked" motorola white screen, vibrates for sometime and then is stuck at that screen. It then switches off and loops again to the same screen after about 30 secs. The same thing continues. I can meanwhile boot into recovery and install the official ROM and get back to a working phone, but not sure why the loop is happening.

Here are the differences from the official one and the one I built.
1. The system.new.dat from official CM website is of size 492412928 whereas the one I built is of size 427536384. But funnily, when I use sdat2img.py to extract the dat file as an image, the file sizes of the image file are the same (2432696320). I'm not sure why the sizes of the 2 ROM are so different.
2. Everything else is the same.

The one thing I changed during building was to use Oracle JDK instead of OpenJDK by changing the build/core/main.mk from requires_openjdk := true to false so that I can get past that stage.

Are there any pointers on how to debug this? Is there any way of looking at logs to find out why the one I built may result in a loop?

Thanks in advance
Raja


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1RnpC5o
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment