Monday, March 28, 2016

[i9505] Cannot enter Recovery after Format Data

My i9505 was running stock KitKat from Samsung and I tried to install CM13 ROM.

So I used Odin to root the phone and installed TWRP 2.8.6.0. After that I flashed the CM13 ROM and the Gapps Nano.
I got as far as rebooting into CM13. But then the "Google Play Store has stopped working" message keeps popping up starting from the initial setup phase. I ignored the message and went on to setup the wifi but couldn't progress any further. The wifi was detected and connected but then it was stuck on the Checking Connection step.

I tried to reflash the rom and gapps again to no avail. The third time to Format Data from TWRP before reflashing - still didn't make a difference.
What's worst is now I cannot even get into TWRP! Whenever I press Vol Up + Power + Home, it will show the small 'entering recovery' message momentarily on the top left corner but then it phone simply restarted again.
I tried re-flashing TWRP using Odin, but still didn't work.

I'm stuck now, cannot get into the OS nor the recovery. Any suggestion as to what to do?
Thank you.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Up8df6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment