Monday, March 28, 2016

How can I use my 3G Mobile Broadband Stick in Remix OS?

Is there a way to use my 3G Mobile Broadband Stick on Remix OS? :crying:
I have been googling since yesterday about the possible solutions but nothing seems to work.

I tried to do the steps provided on this thread: { http://ift.tt/1qaPTtD }
but I am having problem on the very first step (which was to set my 3G Stick to modem-only mode) because I can't find the proper "AT command" for my 3G Stick, really can't. Other "AT command" works but the "AT command" for turning-on the modem-only mode of my 3G stick is nowhere to be found. :(

As for the moment, I use my phone as my internet source via Wifi Hotspot but my phone gets hot after a few minutes. It would be better if I can use my 3G stick rather than my phone as the internet source because everytime my phone get hot I have to turn off the hotspot for a few minutes and then repeat the process, which frustrates me. :(

3G stick works fine on other operating systems such as Kali, Ubuntu, and many more. In Kali Linux, I just have to press the eject button (whenever the CDROM of my 3G Stick is detected) to turn on the Modem-only mode of my 3G Stick. Whereas in Remix OS, the CDROM of my 3G Stick can't be mounted and that's why I can't unmount/eject it. If I could just umount/eject it, I would be able to turn-on the modem-only mode of my 3G Stick and then proceed with the "PPP Widget 2" (from Playstore) so I can connect to it and get an internet access and then have fun. :laugh:

It would really become a big advantage against other Android OS for PCs, if such feature would be added in the coming releases. :good: :good:

I would be glad to know if there are other steps on how I can use my 3G Stick on Remix OS in the comment section.
Please let me know. :confused:


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/21OMOLr
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment