Monday, March 28, 2016

Facebook App

Hi there.

I have two issues with the Facebook app on my G Pad 8.3/ V500:

One is with the embebbed video player. It shows jagged video. I think this issue (or similar) was reported by another user back in 2014 but had no replies. Basically, any video I play from Facebook will show itself as if it had the screen divided horizontally in 6 parts; The 3 "odd" parts will play on top of each other on the upper half of the screen, in black & white; The missing "even" parts will be on the bottom half, but mostly just black. Usually, if I play the entire clip and replay it, it will play ok the second time.

The second is visiting pages. Friend pages are Ok, but when I try to access a public figure or whatever page (like a band, or a blog, etc), it will show the banner pic, profile pic, and basic info, but will not load the wall. The loading "circle" just stays there "loading", but never actually loads the page.

If I clean the app data, the second issue will not happen for a few hours (or a few page visits - not sure). Then it will return. I tried doing a factory reset to the tablet, it solved both problems for a few hours, then these issues returned.

The tablet is not rooted (never was), and is running the OTA Kitkat update.

Not sure what might be. I don't have these issues on my phone (Huawei P6), or my wife's phone (LG L70). Could it be some issue with Facebook app and G Pad? Anyone experienced this? Could it be an issue with another app (the tablet automatically downloaded all apps previously installed after the factory reset)?

Thanks in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1RA6eBf
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment