Sunday, March 27, 2016

Samsung removing good features make TouchWiz "simple"?

In their quest to make TouchWiz seem "friendly", we've seen a lot of legitimately useful features get axed for no logical reason. I speak for for the US Snapdragon variants, I don't know if all the same applies to the Exynos.

- They took away gloves mode. My gloves no longer work on the Galaxy S6 or later models because of this, I have to resort to buying poorly insulated, expensive touch gloves again.

- They took away lock screen animations and the option to even have lock screen effects and animations enabled.

- They took away the ability to hide your apps in the app drawer. For privacy reasons I liked this feature, I could often lend people my phone without worrying about them snooping around.

- They limited the normal power saving mode mechanism. I liked having the option lower the processor frequency and keep the brightness uncapped by deselecting dimming. Now you have to do both.

Is there any other important or relevant feature to someone that they cut out? And does it peeve you that they have done this?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1UUBgG5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment