Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Care to help me make TWRP backup/recovery work?

As you know TWRP on our phones allows us to instantly switch between ROMs, backup, etc. instantly. It's like an image based backup for our android devices. And exceptionally handy when wanting to try out different ROMS (Firmware here I guess). I have TWRP recovery installed and I was able to get it to see my nandroid online TWRP backup. I had to run a backup in twrp to see the directory it wanted as It would not let me specify the directory. Turns out it is /mnt/external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/n70 for my device when choosing the external option. So I went ahead and confirmed the format of that backup is the same as the online nandroid TWRP backup and it is (mtd.win, ext4.win) so I went ahead and moved boot, cache, data, kernel, and system to that n70 directory. Beautiful TWRP recovery sees them! Making progress, I think. (See pic)

Then I go to restore this and I am met with "Unable to wipe data using function call". FAIL! Anyone have any idea what I may be able to do to make this work? I did check permissions of the TWRP backup directory to ensure all was well and it was. Perhaps TWRP doesn't have access to write to /data? I doubt that, perhaps this is an easy fix and TWRP can actually work well on these devices?

NOTE, you cannot backup from TWRP recovery as it shows /data as 0MB. Which may be part of the reason I get an error during TWRP restores?

Dave

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 2016-04-05 18.35.06.jpg Views: N/A Size: 173.1 KB ID: 3708924   Click image for larger version Name: 2016-04-05 18.34.55.jpg Views: N/A Size: 193.5 KB ID: 3708926  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1S0FwVJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment