Sunday, April 17, 2016

Installing custom recovery mode

Hi. Just found me a cheap replacement tablet after my previous one bricked a few weeks ago(I had rooted it, it was working better than ever for 4-5 days and suddenly shut itself down and restarted one day and just booted to a blank screen). The default recovery on that tablet was all but useless.

Anyways on the new tablet when I boot into recovery mode it is all in Chinese. I obviously don't read Chinese but I would like to have a recovery option should something happen to this tablet. Plus I might want to try to root eventually if can get a fairly high certainty that if something goes wrong this time I can use the recovery menu to actually attempt to recover the Device . Also this time I'll obviously want to try to back things up before I attempt anything.

With all that said how safe is it to flash a custom recovery onto an Android device? Is there any chance of bricking it just doing this itself without rooting? Also how hard would it be?

This device I am using is a digiland d1018a 10.1 inch running lollipop 5.1. Arm cortex quad core CPU. Arm Mali 720 GPU. 1 GB RAM and 16 GB flash memory.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1YBXNap
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment