Monday, April 18, 2016

MirrorLink and our Galaxy S7

I've got a Pioneer AVH X4700BS receiver in my car that I'm trying to figure out MirrorLink on.
Previously on my Note 3, it simply wasn't possible - I tried a dozen different things from new kernels to different ROMs, but clearly on the S7 those aren't possible without root.

That being said, MirrorLink is built-in on our phones, which I figured would be a slam-dunk. Attach the USB cable from the receiver. turn on MirrorLink via Settings > Wireless & Networks MORE, and press the icon on the receiver screen. It communicates then the receiver says "no compatible apps on your mirrorlink device", but I can push on a "voice" icon on the receiver and I hear Google Now listening for a command on the black screen of my phone, and I hear it through the speakers... so what am I missing here?

The end-goal for me would be to have Google Maps for navigation on the larger touchscreen of the receiver so I don't have to fumble with my phone while driving.
I have no reason other than this to MirrorLink -I'm not going to be watching movies and I can always use bluetooth to listen to my music... I just want MirrorLink working for nav!

Thanks in advance for ideas and info!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Sr6uG0
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment