Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Super virus?

I need to find the correct forum to post an issue I'm having with a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G360T1UVU1AOFA). Could be a general question, who knows. Long story short a customers device had some form of virus labeled with "the FBI" lol so I took the phone figuring I could fix it and return it to him. I flashed the stock rom to the phone via ODIN. it passed and was a success. The reason I didn't try a master reset first was the customer did not know his Gmail PW required to set up the phone after reset. After the flash the device booted like a brand new phone, apps got optimized all that good stuff. Made it through the initial setup WITHOUT requiring the Gmail. About 30 seconds after getting to home screen the virus pop up came back asking for exactly (no tax) 500$ to unlock. Ok awesome... So I then master reset the phone thinking the stock rom that was flashed would have reset the device. Nope. It required me to input the original Gmail used to setup the device. I'm willing to bet an unlocked Samsung bootloader that the virus is still there even after the master reset. What can I do to RESET this phone? I thought a flash was a complete reinstall.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1U6pF7k
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment