Monday, April 18, 2016

Lots of problems trying to unlock the Bootloader

This E9+ is my fifth device to root, and the first one in which I've encountered issues.

I'm following this guide that is specific for my phone here on xda.

First step is unlocking the bootloader, for which I'm sent to the htcdev website.

First step there is to reboot to Bootloader or on some devices, Download mode. No problem so far.

Next is to select Fastboot. from the menu. There is no Fastboot. Some Google-fu suggests I reboot my phone, go to Settings>Power>Fastboot and check the box. There is no Fastboot in that menu. I also checked in the Developer Tools menu. HTCdev suggests enabling OEM unlocking in the Developers Tools menu, however there is no OEM unlocking in that menu.

I had tried a few other things as well.

Usually rooting is as easy as pie in the sky due to the wealth of information online, but I have been stuck at Step 0 for days now.

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SozhIc
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment