Monday, April 18, 2016

Did Google's Shenzhen factory steal my credit card no. from my 'Live Case' order?

I'm going to simply present a few facts and see if I am the only one reaching the same conclusion.

1. On 14 April 2016 I ordered the first of 2 "Live Cases" for the Nexus 6P, and the order was sent to Google's factory.



2. On 16 April 2016 I received an alert from my bank (which never happens) asking me to review suspicious transactions:



These were the transactions, all in the city of "Shenzhen", China, including a hotel stay costing me $1,892:



Plotting the locations on a map shows where the fraudster traveled between:



3. On 18 April 2016 I received a tracking update from Google revealing the order had shipped from "Shenzhen", China. In addition, the tracking website displayed a map of the pick-up location (presumably the Google factory). Note the proximity of the pick-up pushpin to the fraudulent purchases above:



Obviously setting up my new card everywhere has been hugely inconvenient, not to mention nearly being defrauded by some $2000.

I have notified the Google Store team and await their response. I will update this thread if anything of substance comes back from them.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/23UBvUM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment