Friday, March 4, 2016

Weird Battery drain while being at the different timezone in US

Well, I live in the central time zone in US. I enjoy this Nexus6P's battery life.
Last sunday, I went to LA/SF for 4 days... and two things, I noticed.

1. I cannot touch and open Google now from the widget. ( nothing happens, but if I restart the phone, it works for a while but soon, no response)
I had to use Google app icon to see details of Google now info.
I re-installed Nova launcher and Google app but nothing changed. so I gave up

2. Extreme battery drain. All of sudden the phone start to eat up battery! like in 1 hour, not using the phone and staying in the hotel room and the battery drains like 6% if I move around the city and use the phone, it drains battery faster.. for the first time after I get this phone, I had to charge the phone in the middle of day.. since like 1pm, the phone battery was like 40%left ( start using it from 8am with very basic usage with email&txt and using browser. not doing any game or you tubing.. )
I checked which APP is taking so much battery and I saw Google APP always No1 or No2 in the usage rank..

my guess, while I am in the different time zone, Google App somehow, it try to keep update something or get some info ( not sure what it is..)
I don't get it since I never had this issue with Android 5.1.1 or prior..

All thing got fixed when I came back to home yesterday!, at the airport, when the plane landed, I turned off Airplane mode and I noticed I can open Google now from the widget.
Also battery life. back to normal. I checked the battery status and now, Google App is located very bottom and only 1% of use in 12 hours run..


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/24HeE0s
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment