Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Trying on Acer Iconia W4-820, any help?

So, here is my tablet condition:
1. UEFI
2. Windows 10 32 bit
3. 64-bit Processor
4. Secure boot already off

RemixOS version I use : 64bit Beta version (with UEFI compability)
Installed it using "official procedure tool'.

What have I try to do and what happens after it:
1. Installing remix OS via installer provided on Hard Disk (C: drive only available with 7GBs of free space)
a. Rebooting using provided reboot message from installer
Result : rebooting automatically to win 10 without boot option.
b. Rebooting using "shift + restart" (Advanced Startup)
Result : When choosing "boot from a different place", there is "Remix OS" listed alongside with "EFI USB", "USB CD", etc. But, when I choose Remix OS, it runs straight to windows 10 instead (no error or anything else, just boot through it).

2. Installing Remix OS via installer provided on USB drive (32GB)
Same result with point 1a and 1b.

Other options I have "tried":
- I have tried installed using EasyBCD, but turns out it doesn't provide much compability with UEFI boot mode.
- I tried using easyUEFI, but since I don't have any FAT32 drives (my SD Card is exFAT formatted, and C: can't be partitioned using partition manager tool), it doesn't help me.
- I tried using the grub2win option, but since my windows version is a 32bit one, grub2win can't run.
- There is no option to turn the UEFI BIOS mode to legacy.

Question:
- Why the booting runs straight to windows, without even showing any boot options?
- Why the booting still runs straight to windows even after selecting Remix OS from advanced startup boot?
- Any options left for me to try?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1L43bS9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment