Saturday, March 5, 2016

Couple of issues after replacing screen assembly

So my wife broke her screen on her Note 4 a few months ago from dropping it, and last week I decided to finally order a replacement. Ordered this from WitRigs: http://ift.tt/1YhdIeG

Went through with the replacement and turned it on to make sure the display worked (display, basic touches, and S-Pen). The screen itself works fine, however I am now having a few issues with the device after installation.

Firstly, the Back softkey button no longer functions (the Recents softkey and menu physical button both work fine). I've checked the cable, and I did not cut it or damage it during the procedure. I'm able to "sometimes" get it to work when prying the screen back up while checking the functionality of the Back softkey with a metal pry tool. It appears that the softkey panel somehow isn't making contact with the frame, thus the capacitive touch isn't functioning correctly. During re-assembly, I did peel off adhesive on the softkey - was I not supposed to do that? If that's the case, is it just a matter of re-applying adhesive onto the softkey so it makes contact with the frame? If so, would I need to get special conductive adhesive, or would there be something I could use to "complete" the circuit (such as a thin layer of tinfoil)?

For reference, here is an image of the softkeys - the right-side panel is the Back softkey:
https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.ne...vGFJwCWAS.huge

The second issue I'm having is that the S-Pen sensor (if there is one) seems to be not working correctly anymore. It no longer detects the S-Pen being removed or inserted in the slot (the actual use of the S-Pen on the screen itself works fine, however). I'm not sure what could have been damaged or anything from replacing the screen for this. I've looked at diagrams on iFixIt, and I didn't see any kind of actual sensor or lever (like the Note 5) that could be damaged. Yes I made sure to check the S-Pen settings are correct, and I've already factory reset the device through the stock recovery.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Sri7eL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment