Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Bricked my mom's Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3100). Can't make it work. HELP PLEASE D:

Last night my mom asked me if I could format her tablet, because it was too slow (Even for that device), and had a lot of crap on it.

So... I took a look at it and started to google about the tablet. Turns out it hadn't been upgraded to the latest firmware; it was on Android 4.1.2, and as it says here: "http://ift.tt/1QqWfyR; the latest available firmware is 4.2.2 .

Thus I tried to update it via software update on the device, but it turned out it wasn't able to update because the tablet has been modified. Then I remembered that a long time ago I tried to root it without much success, but didn't try again because I got bored.

Then I downloaded the 4.2.2 firmware UK version (P3110XXDMH1_P3110OXADMH1_BTU), and flashed it via Odin. Sadly it went wrong and a "Failed!" sign appeared. I can't remember what step failed, but it booted anyways, but this time my PC recognized the device as a "GT-P3110". I thought that maybe it was because the UK firmware was a Vodafone version, so I downloaded the Russian brandless version (P3100XWDMK1_P3100SERDMK2_SER) and flashed; it failed again, but this time the tablet didn't turn on normally.

I can't boot it neither normally, recovery or Download mode, it shows only a message that says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again", which as I read on other android sites and this forum, it's a soft brick message.
Then I tried to do as it said, installed Kies and tried to fix what I've done, but when I enter the device data (Model and "S/N") it shows a message saying that the model info cannot be verified and that the device initialization can't continue.

imgur.com/Y89rnNg

imgur.com/OdZhT6C

So... This is as much info as I can remember about what could've gone wrong, please help me, if I can't fix it, mom will continue to be a liiiiittle too much angry :rolleyes:
Beforehand thank you very much.

PS: I had to write wrong the links because I created this account just because I had this problem, so I can't post links.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1QK50zy
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment