Wednesday, March 2, 2016

[BOUNTY] Unlock CPU and GPU frequency G928X




I wrote a few threads about this problem but I think I have to make it more official.
It seems our beloved Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928X has some sort of CPU and GPU limit. CPU A57\A53 cores only go up to 1800MHz and 1290MHz respectively instead of 2100MHz\1500MHz and GPU only up to 600MHz instead of 772MHz. This limitation is present no matter what Stock Firmware Version (including different PITs)\ Custom Kernel\ Custom Rom is installed. It is the same even on the newly released Marshmallow 6.0.1. But according to CPU-Z the CPU and the GPU ARE the Exynos 7420 and Mali-T760MP8 with 4GB RAM -so it's not different hardware,but just a setting somewhere inside.
I know a lot of people are unhappy with this,I have seen many talking about this, and a lot are PM-ing me, but no official thread until now, so:
The first person who finds a solution to unlock both of these frequencies gets the bounty.
Of course I will fully collaborate and send any files needed for examination\modifying via xda or Dropbox. I am also ready to experiment on my device-(as long as a HARD BRICKING is not
Please do not PM me for donations- Just post how much you want to contribute as a normal reply in the thread and I will update a couple times a day to make sure your donation is added to the total.
Minimum donation amount is 10€\10$ but it would be nice if we could raise the bounty to a few hundreds in the next days\weeks.
The sooner, the better for us-more money involved more smart people will work on this problem


If anyone needs to remove his\her donation for any reason, please edit your post and send me a PM to have your name removed from the donor list.
Payment will be processed between each donor and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis (I am not receiving or managing any money, just keeping donor count, and when someone will have the solution, each of you will individually transfer his donation to that person).
I can\will not take liability for anything posted in this thread besides my own donation.


----------Donor | Amount----------
-@sensationvsgalaxy 50€
-
-
-

Total Donation: 50€

thank you underscorenorm for inspiration


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SjnjRI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment