Tuesday, March 1, 2016

[How-To] Split an SD Card adopting part of it as internal, part as external storage

Hi everybody.
Angry with few apps, like Plex in example, I was searching on how to solve the issue caused by an app that doesn't recognize an SD Card adopted as internal memory by Android 6.*
Well, I found THIS BLOG POST and I saw the light!

We need an SD card formatted as external storage and ADB access to our device.

I did what our friend in that post says:

Code:

$ adb shell sm list-disks adoptable
disk:179_64

disk:179_64 is our SD card that can be made adoptable, if we want 75% as external SD:
Code:

$ adb shell sm partition disk:179_64 mixed 75
And BUM!!! My phone has both adopted and external! Believe me, no more battles to try to transfer data of an app not yet compatible with this new Marsh Mallow feature.

Being a Mac user, I have the problem that Android File Transfer doesn't recognize the adopted part of the SD card ... but I don't care: at the moment, what I earn with this trick, is a lot more heavy than what I loose ;)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/21B0DCu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment