Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Vide recording issues. How can we make Samsung aware?

I'm not sure how to to about this. One thing I really care about on a phone I purchase is video recording quality, more specifically 1080p/60fps and slow motion. Unfortunately, the Galaxy s7 has an issue with both of these.




You know how the Galaxy s7 focuses pretty much instantly when recording video in 1080p, 1440p, or 4k? Well, it doesn't happen in the 60fps mode. The focus is even slower than my s6 in 60fps and there is tons of "focus hunting" where it bounces back and forth between focus as you're recording. Focus is literally perfect in any mode besides 60fps.



Then we have an issue with 240fps slow motion where there are a ton of frame skips throughout the video (just YouTube s7 slow motion videos to see what I'm talking about).



These two issues are huge for me. It's unfortunate because I love everything else about the phone. How can we make Samsung aware of these issues?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TGLv2b
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment