Thursday, March 3, 2016

[HELP NEEDED] No launcher, stuck in settings with no buttons HDX 7 3rd Gen

Kindle Fire HDX 7" 3rd Generation
Fire OS 4.5.5
Rooted Stock ROM

So here's where I'm at:
I'm stuck in the Settings screen, still have root access, but have no on screen buttons to get out or even open up a home replacement.

Here's every step I can think of since Rooting & junk using several XDA Forums
-Rooted w/ KingRoot
-Installed Gapps w/ no problems
-Changed Names(Not Delete) of the System files using ES File Explorer
-com.amazon.otaverifier
-com.amazon.settings.systemupdates &
-com.amazon.device.software.ota) using ES File Explorer
-Froze Ads app (com.amazon.kindle.kso)

THEN My Battery died last night, Recharged at work this morning and got stuck in boot loop. I should have stopped right there and come to the forums, but like an idiot, I hit reset to factory, foolishly thinkin "hey, that KingRoot was easy enough, I'll root it by lunch time and be good to go"...

I have attempted everything I can think of and can't seem find a solution anywhere, but here's the basics of what I've done so far to try and fix...

1) Installed Nova Launcher in ADB to bypass the Kindle launcher loop but I have NO BUTTONS on my screen to bring up the app selector for "Default Launcher".

2) Used ADB Command to force a Home Key Press with no luck, which leads me to believe the Launcher App isn't running at all?

3) Attempted to Install missing Amazon .apks, and run them using ADB

4) Installing new Launcher, attempt to Force run through command to start Launcher/Home. No luck

5)The last attempt at fixing this thing was using THIS Tutorial to get back to a Stock Fire OS, so I could just start from scratch, but clearly, I have changed the names of the apps letting me do so, as well as had failure to write/copy to my Kindle because it said "permission denied", which I don't understand having root access otherwise...

KingRoot is still installed after Factory Reset as well, so it's still rooted?

I apologize, that's a lot of info, but I figured the most details I can throw out there from the start, might help pinpoint or help find a solution. And Yes, I have scoured XDA for hours for fixes with no results.

Thanks ahead of time everyone!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1nkniA9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment