Friday, March 4, 2016

Clean install of stock VZ from Kitkat to Lollipop with one batch file

Hi all,

The usual DISCLAIMER: I am in no way responsible for any and all damage the following does to your phone.

I'm new to this whole flashing ROM business, having started by flashing stock Lollipop upgrade to my LG G3 as I was using it on Ultra Mobile and therefore wasn't getting OTA updates. I've now done the same with my brand new Moto Maxx (US) xt1250, which has the exact same phone as the xt1254 (as I'm sure all of you know but it bears repeating just in case).

I found the easiest way to install all of the upgrades to Lollipop from stock Kitkat was just to download these files:
http://ift.tt/1UGs1JY

I then extracted them into ADB + Fastboot folder one at a time, going in this order:
VRZ_XT1254_KDF21.128-15_15_CFC.xml.zip
VRZ_XT1254_SU2-12_12_CFC.xml.zip
VRZ_XT1254_SU3TL-38_38_CFC.xml.zip
VRZ_XT1254_SU4TL-44_44_CFC.xml.zip

After copying the first group of files into the ADB/fastboot folder and starting up my phone in bootloader, I'd simply click on the batch file for that group (for example the VRZ_XT1254_KDF21.128-15_15_CFC.bat file) to install the first Rom. Then I'd unzip the files for the second lot xml files, allow it to replace the files that had the same name, and then click on the batch file for that Rom.

However, all this was a bit tedious, and I imagine that some people might like to be able to just go direct to the latest 5.1 OTA of stock verizon without all this copying and pasting. So I renamed the files for the first xml batch with a "1" in front, the second with a "2" and so on, and renamed all the commands in the batch xml files to include these modifications. I then put all of the batch file commands together, but also removed some of the unnecessary commands (like "pause", "%fastboot% oem fb_mode_set" and "%fastboot% oem fb_mode_clear") to give you one single batch file.

IN SUMMARY:
I have at your disposal all of the images with modified names, and a single batch command that'll install the upgrades sequentially, which you can do by simply copying all of these files into adb/fastboot folder and clicking on "VRZallupgrades".

I tested this on my droid, and it works great!

My question is this: Would anyone find this helpful? I'm currently uploading all 8GB of files to mega.nz on ****ty hotel internet, but it should be done by tomorrow morning.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/21cHjWz
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment