Monday, March 7, 2016

Benefits of S-OFF and converting to GPE

Got my hands on a European M8 (M8_UL) after a terrible experience with the Sprint variant.

Anyway, I forked out 25 dollars for the Sunshine license and it really was worth it. I thought it'd be confusing, like Revone or Firewater.

It's amazing how an app can get S-OFF without any fastboot/adb codes, it literally took 5 minutes.

Anyway, I got S-OFF, changed CID to HTC__001 and am currently running 6.12.401.4 (Android 6.0), but I'm a bit bored.

So I was wondering what other benefits are there of S-OFF other than flashing a different regions ROM?

Also, do you guys reckon that I mess around with Sense 7 and flash different custom ROMs or do I go ahead and convert to GPE? I'm a big fan of Stock Android (huge surprise, my main phone is a Nexus 6), but I've really come to like HTC Sense after the Sense 5.0 update, Sense 7.0 is pretty awesome and way better than TouchWiz on my recently retired Galaxy S6.

And lastly,how long will the M8 last from now in terms of software updates?

Asking about both Sense and GPE, will it get Android N or is 6.0 the last software update for both variants?


Any replies will be greatly appreciated. :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1R4rYI6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment