Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hardware issue with battery, crashing, rebooting, powering off

I just bought a used SM-T800. I didn't see any immediate issues but I've noticed it has been intermittently powering off or rebooting on it's own. These aren't graceful shutdowns, it powers off immediately, either when I'm using it or I'm not touching it. It can even happen while the battery is supposedly full and the charger is plugged in. This can happen many times in a row, a lot of times during the bootup process. If I leave the cable unplugged I've noticed if it finishes booting the battery can sometimes claim to be almost dead at like 3% when I thought it was 100% full.

I've done a bit of searching and saw a reference to an issue with a cracked interface to the battery. Is there a known issue with this device regarding this? Any detailed links on this? My alternative was to buy and replace the battery. Anyone else having the same issue?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1YBXHj0
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment