Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Gaming Mice on Android

I'm not sure if anyone else uses a gaming mouse but I thought I would note that while I haven't found a way to configure a gaming mouse in android, you can still use any gaming mouse with onboard memory.
you just program it on your PC and then when you plug it into the android tablet (or any other android device) and all of your pre-sets are there.
This is useful for people that remote into their work computers from home, or just want easy copy paste functionality or for the people that remote into their computers for gaming etc.

Personally I use a gaming mouse (Razer Naga Chroma) for work on a windows 7 workstation but I use my Galaxy note 12.2 exclusively at home with no access to windows.
The Razer Naga and Logitech G600 have a scroll wheel that tilts left and right and the function can be reprogrammed.
I reassign those to copy and paste and its way faster than using the keyboard and saves some wrist strain.
I also have shortcuts for our proprietary software programmed onto the side buttons and having access to that from home is a HUGE timesaver.
now when I work from home I can have everything at my fingertips instead of having to use the onscreen windows functions in teamviewer, or digging through menus in company software.
and a lot of the normal functions carry over to android pretty well (Copy paste is much smoother from the mouse etc.)

Anyways for anyone that this might help these are the ones I've tried so far:
Works:
  • Logitech G600
  • Anything with onboard memory will likely work.

Doesnt work beyond default buttons:
  • Anything with no onboard memory:
  • Any mouse designed to work with Razer Synapse 2.0
  • Lower end Logitech mice.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SyINWz
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment