Friday, February 26, 2016

[Q] PIT files, MM and regional firmwares.

Hello,

I bought a galaxy s6 in Latam (g-920i) before returning to Europe (Spain). It is network unlocked, so it works perfectly. Turns out that the Latam firmwares (g920i) for marshmallow are being left behind in comparison to other regions as Europe (g920f). I have compared both phones (i/F) and they are identical, so I am feeling moved to flash a g920f firmware on my phone. When I try it, it fails. In the very beginning, I thought that it failed because the model name was wrong, so once rooted, I changed it in /system. Nothing happened, so I am assuming that the firmware fails because there is some sort of different partition set between g920i and g920f.

My question is, if I flash a g920f pit file on my s6 (originally g920i), will it firstly not brick it, and then enable me to flash a g920f firmware?

Thanks for your help.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/21nYtpC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment