Sunday, February 28, 2016

Just got a z3c! Some noob questions, like ROOT...

I just bought a used z3c after my moto x 2013 bit the dust. Full specs in the attached images.

Some questions:

1. How do I root this thing? I've seen different guides, with different info. Looking for something definitive. And I'm on a Mac, no Windows. I would really like to install xposed/gravitybox. (FWIW, the "unlock bootloader" page at Sony says that my model cannot be bootloader unlocked.)
E.g., this site -- http://ift.tt/1yfJw99 -- says to just flash SuperSU, but is it that easy?

2. It has some app called "My EE" ... looks like a carrier specific thing. I'd like to get this to "stock" without carrier bloatware.

3. The rear lens glass is totally scratched up, photos all blurry/glowy. Is this easy to fix/replace? Tried rubbing some toothpaste but didn't seem to make a difference...

4. What's the word on Marshmallow? Is that coming soon? Can I install the "concept" M from Sony?

I have lots of experience rooting/flashing/hacking on other phones, but this is my first Sony since my trusty k800i ...

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot_2016-02-28-18-59-33.png Views: N/A Size: 113.5 KB ID: 3663936   Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot_2016-02-28-19-01-04.png Views: N/A Size: 92.2 KB ID: 3663937  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SaM96i
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment