Saturday, September 24, 2016

T-Mobile Note 4 [CM12]: Cannot ping when tethering.

Hello, I'm new here on XDA, even though I've been browsing the forums ever since whenever.

Anyway, I have a T-Mobile Note 4 running CM12 and I also must say that I do have unlimited data.

The problem that's been bugging me is this: when I was tethering on stock ROM, I could not ping any host from any of my tethered clients. However, pinging used to work on CM12 (indicating of course that stock ROM has restrictions imposed) until two days ago. I know this because when I tether to my PS3/XBox One, I can access the Internet but cannot login to PSN (Playstation Network). I can only log on to it when ping is working.

I do have an HTTP user agent spoofer for HTTP traffic but this problem seems to be more related with routing on the Note 4 I guess. I have tried many tethering apps (with or without root) in hopes that they would fix this problem but I still cannot ping.

I have seen on the Internet people mentioning native tethering and I was wondering if you guys can recommend any tethering apps that can fix this. Also, I'm not really familiar with the linux iptables and the routing utility and have been trying all these scripts I found on here but they are not working.

So, correct me if what I'm asking for is already done (which would then mean T-Mobile is blocking my outbound traffic on their routers), but what I was thinking was to route the wlan0 traffic straight through rmnet_data0 without any tethering flagging or something like that. Again, I do have internet I just can't access other services like ping which is needed by some programs that I have for MTU path discovery etc.
  • FoxFi/PdaNet - Not working
  • Wi-Fi Tether Router - Not working
  • Other generic tethering apps on PlayStore - Not Working

Thanks in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2drioBb
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment