Friday, July 1, 2016

How to make my phone appear as a tablet to the mobile provider?

Back in 2012, I got an international Galaxy Note and I opened a tablet plan with my mobile provider (Bell in Canada). It was an experiment and it worked. I was able to use it for a whole year without issue until the Galaxy Note 2 came out and I signed up for a contract with it and got a really nice plan/deal.

I tried this again recently with my old Note 2 but found out that my current provider (Telus) has an issue with what device I use the tablet plan with. I was told they created rules as to what type of plans they tack on to certain devices that connect to their network (something about APN, I think).

I want to know if I can circumvent this system by making any Android phone look like a tablet when it connects to any mobile carrier. My other option is to try switching to Bell again but I'm afraid that they will be caught up as well and treat me the same. Thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29lMN04
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment