Sunday, July 31, 2016

What can't FlashFire flash from Nexus 5X factory images?

I want to have a rooted stock Android Nexus 5X with stock recovery. I also want to keep my boot loader locked. But I've read that automatic OTA updates don't work on a rooted phone. Then I found out about FlashFire.

But I also read that FlashFire doesn't allow flashing of the radio and boot loader. Chainfire himself said "FlashFire can flash both bootloaders and modems on most Nexus devices. However, I would only flash the modem and not the bootloaders, to be on the safe side. Or, use the full size OTAs available from Google rather than the Fastboot package, and circumvent the issue (those flash both bootloader and modem if necessary, with less risk when doing the bootloaders)."

So I've got 2 questions:
1. Is it possible to flash everything, including the radio and boot loader on the 5X?
2. If the boot loader is flashable, what are the potential drawbacks of flashing it with Flashfire instead of fastboot?

Thanks


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2arlekX
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment