Saturday, July 30, 2016

Fire TV remote app and changing Wi-Fi

I'm on my way to the Outer Banks for a week at the beach. I have my fire stick but forgot my remote. I've checked stores to get a replacement remote or compatible bluetooth controller, but no luck. I have a possible solution, but not sure if it would work. Let me know what you think.

I setup the hotspot on my phone to mirror my home network. I already know I can fool my fire stick to think I'm online. Then I can use my wife's phone with the Fire TV remote app to pair with the Fire stick.

The problem comes with connecting with the Wi-Fi network when we'll be staying. It's password-protected. The remote app will only work as long as I'm connected to my phone's hotspot. Will the Fire stick stay connected long enough for me to enter the password, or will it disconnect the second I click the preferred network?

Does anyone else have any other suggestions? Is there any way to manually learn the network and password before connecting to it using adb? Anybody?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aSJtZU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment