Saturday, July 30, 2016

S7Edge G9350 Qualcomm English HK Rom ROOTED TWRP 100% working

This is my first ever attempt at this so I cannot guarantee this will not damage your phone or destroy the housing market.

I bought this phone on a trip in China expecting to have a plentiful selection of roms on my return to Canada, only to be met with zero roms, and the only information on Chinese forums.

Having been inspired by the Aurora Rom, I decided to try and build something more compatible with North America

This is based off the latest Hong Kong (INT) firmware G9350ZHU2APG2

So far I have not learned how to properly build a standalone rom (flashable zip) so here is a 100% working guide for now. I will post the zip once I have figured that out

This was only tested on a Chinese G9350 Qualcomm S7Edge. Please don't attempt on any other model
  1. Backup your phone!
  2. Make sure your bootloader is unlocked!
  3. If you already have TWRP, and are having problems mounting data, boot into recovery and Format Data. If you want TWRP first, flash the TAR G9350.TWRP.3.0-321.tar
  4. Boot into download mode
  5. Launch the modified Odin, it will be in Chinese *thanks to TieXue
  6. Load all the corresponding files. (BL, CP, CSC, and the AP file G9350ZHU2APG2.mlkemac.tar) Only the AP is required, the rest is optional
  7. Click the bottom left button to start the flashing process.
  8. Reboot back into download mode
  9. Flash the AP TAR (G9350.TWRP.SuperSU.2.71.tar) This will boot into recovery and flash root
  10. You should now have a rooted, International speedy rom with working recovery
  11. There is no extra bloatware in this rom, however I recommend using TiBu or Package disabler to remove the TouchWiz bloat.

Thank you to all the devs on the Chinese forums http://ift.tt/2aFoqxy, and to Basketbuild for hosting my files.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ai5AsC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment