Monday, May 2, 2016

Requesting assistance regarding flashing stock rom(and messing up)

Hello, so recently I tried to fix my bootlooped Moto G 3rd gen(dual-sim, India) and made a mistake that has somewhat fixed my phone but the wifi doesn't work, there might be some undiscovered errors still, the whole story..

-The phone became bootlooped like I said above
-So I decided to flash stock rom for it, and looked up several guides on how to do it.
-Downloaded the correct rom, and connected the phone in recovery mode as I could still hold down power button while phone loops(switch on to logo-pause-black screen repeat...)
-After setting correct path for fastboot, I got the [FAILED ] REMOTE ERROR while flashing partition - the "gpt.bin file"
-So I decided to skip that and went on with rest of the given commands including all 6(number 0 to number 5) sparsechunks
-I received signed error for sparsechunks
-I continued upto reboot

After this the phone booted fine but wouldn't get past selecting wifi network phase of start setup screen
Somehow a repair guy I gave phone to fix got up to that with login details of account, and now the phone is functional but I can't manage to turn on the wifi, if I hit on it automatically slides back to off instantly.

Notes: After fastboot and the start phase issue I tried mfastboot with same rom files and went over all commands many times, with same error
: After the phone became functional I tried flashing process again with mfastboot and usb debugging enabled but received REMOTE ERROR at partition again and stopped there.

That's all so far, any advice or suggestion you could give is highly appreciated. Thanks for your time.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/23jQrcZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment