Friday, May 27, 2016

No longer see the bootloader screen on my Dual boot Android/Win 10 tablet

I followed a guide to dual boot my Linx7 tablet using the Cube iWork 7 download with Android and Windows 10. I got this working fine and over the last few weeks have setup both how i want them. However, at some point i seem to have lost the ability to choose which OS to boot. Normally I'd turn the tablet on, see the American Megatrends screen then it would boot to the EFI Shell/Bootloader?? which would give me the choice of booting Android or Windows. I get none now and it will just boot to the last used OS.

In Android i noticed an app that is called 'Boot to Windows' which works as expected, reboots into Windows. However when I was booting to Windows, to get back to Android i rebooted about 6 times and just hammered volume down which happened to work and boot it into Android. I'm not afraid to boot back into Windows in case i can't get back into Android.

Does anyone know what I've done, how i can fix it, ideally without having to reinstall both OS's again or is there a way of changing the OS to boot to without the menu (like volume down which i feel shouldn't have worked for me but did)

Any help would be really appreciated as I've searched for hours to find answers without any luck.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1NTj1QU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment