Sunday, May 1, 2016

Restoration of the Evo View 4G (Just in Case)

These instructions were critical in helping me get RID of "Revolutionary" and going back to stock. I used a PC and a Mac for two days straight trying every combination of things I could think of. Finally got results using my Mac.

You can do the %temp% method and pull the "rom.zip" file out of the RUU .exe file, but you still have to decrypt the rom.zip file after that. You can't just open it up or it will give you an error saying that it's not a proper zip or archive. It won't flash either from recovery or using "./fastboot flash zip zip.rom". I used a tool on my Mac called UNRUU to fix rom.zip. It's a command-prompt tool, but I'll note that if you're on a Mac you MUST update your libraries, specifically the ssl libraries, before you can use UNRUU.

After all of that and being able to open the "rom.zip" and also flashing "boot" and "recovery" and "radio" (I'm not sure I needed to), these are the instructions I used because while I could flash everything else (boot, recovery, radio, wimax, etc.) it gave me a "too long" error for "system.img".

http://ift.tt/1k9E7Jc


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Ng7qeF
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment