Monday, May 2, 2016

No OTG support after upgrading to Lolipop ?

Hello guys :)
Recently i had to connect a USB drive ( Kingston 8GB pen drive) to my phone ( Xperia Z3C) but nothing happend. So i said "hmm maybe there sth wrong with my phone" so i tried to mount it on my Xperia Z Ultra, but again nothing was mounted. The pen drive was NOT mounted as it should and I also coudnt do it manually from the Settings( because the options "Mount and Unmout" were grayed out). This is pretty weird. I used to plug in pen drives, external HDDs all the time back when i was on KitKat. But i havent tried to do it since updating to Lolipop .... till now. I searched so long for an answer but i coudnt find anything Confirmed so i decided to ask you guys :)
My question is : What is the reason for not being able to mount USB drives anymore ? Is it the android version (Lolipop) or Im missing sth ?

Facts :
- i have an OTG cable ( even 4 of them, they are all in perfectly working condition)
- my USB drive is completely fine ( i tried with 4 other flash drives with the same result - not being able to mount them)
- my phone(Z3C) and phablet(XZU) are working perfectly and rooted with latest firmwares. I used to plug in USB sticks all the time back when i was on KitKat.

Help me understand what's happening pls :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/26M48Gd
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment