Monday, August 1, 2016

How to install Xposed on the j700p

(Obvious words of legality, etc. I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your phone. I managed this on my own and everything worked. If you messed it up, I'm sorry, but it's not my problem)
Ok, now the good stuff! Hello all!

As you may know, user messi2050 managed to get us root on our phones (yay!). We don't yet have a custom recovery, and this is a usual requirement for Xposed, but fear not! I have figured out how to install it without a custom recovery. I'll try and be as clear as possible and provide all direct links to the files needed, but if something confuses you please let me know!

1. Root your phone

2. Download and install FlashFire

3. Samsung has weirdness associated with their roms and the way they do things under the Android hood, so you can't use the normal Marshmallow xposed module. You will need the Unofficial Xposed for Samsung Marshmallow by Wanam (HERE is a link directly to the APK you need)

4. Install the Xposed Installer for Marshmallow (Again, there is a direct link to the APK [URL="http://ift.tt/2av1NHk

5. Open up FlashFire and press the (+) button. Select "Flash ZIP or OTA"

6. Choose the file downloaded in step 3

7. IMPORTANT! DESELECT "MOUNT /SYSTEM READ/WRITE"! Make sure everything is deselected! Then click the "✓"

8. Moment of truth y'all. Press the "FLASH" button at the bottom of the screen. You may get warnings, accept or clear them and continue

9. Your phone will shut down, show a bunch of text, and reboot after installing. THE REBOOT TAKES A LONG TIME, SEVERAL MINUTES AT LEAST! Don't be afraid, it will take quite a while to reboot. When it is done, it will "optimize apps" and then you should be all set!

Some xposed modules may not work for this phone! You run the risk of constant crashes and reboots with some modules. There are compatibility issues, especially if you neglect to read the warnings of each module, so read carefully! I'll give a list of modules I've installed with no issues, which will give yo a decent place to start (NOTE: There are individual settings in many of the modules, I haven't tried everything. So I can only tell you that the installation of the module is safe, NOT each setting).
  • Burnt Toast
  • Disable Fullscreen Keyboard
  • GPM Notification Seek Bar [L-M]
  • Greenify
  • Marshmallow SD Fix
  • Media Notification Seek [L-M]
  • NoSafeVolumeWarning
  • Notification Count
  • Wanam Xposed
  • XTouchWiz

If you happen to have success with any others, let us know and I'll update this list. Hope you guys enjoy, I'm so happy we finally got root and Xposed on this phone! :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aIqdR6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment