Thursday, June 9, 2016

Mi 5 stuck in airplane mode

Hi, just got permission to unlock and flashed China Dev ROM. Everything was well when the phone cant verify my account in the setup so after reading the Mi Forum, advised to turn off wifi/celular data to skip the steps but still wont work. So I turn on the airplane mode and after a few tries, I got through. After everything done it asked again to verify the device as it is associated with an account (mine) and to enter password.

And the nightmare starts, it can't verify my password because no network...because I did not turn off the airplane mode. I can't access the phone to turn it off or do anything, its locked coz it cant activate the device. Its not bricked or anything just locked.

So my issue now is turning off the airplane mode to unlock the hpone. Any ideas how to turn off the airplane mode via fastboot etc. Or to brick it so I can unbrick it. The only thing I can do is boot to fastboot and the verification screen.

What I have tried (and failed):
-Flash new rom via Mi Flash (can't because device is locked)
-Unbricking via fastboot edl (same as above)
-Hard reset (nope as no recovery as bootloader is locked and can't install custom recovery via)
-ADB (nope as debugging not turn on)
-Unlocking the bootloader since I got the permission (stuck at 50% and the general consensus is u have to login into the phone which I can't)
-I did turn off the phone by detaching the battery cable and removing the whole mobo but nope, nothing's change.

Help please or I might call it a day and buy a Samsung :D

Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1VPQQ7q
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment