Tuesday, June 28, 2016

T-Mobile Network on G920V Marshmallow?

I realized I posted in the wrong section so I moved here, but I'm not sure how to delete my old post in the General section


Hey guys, so I recently found myself the owner of a Verizon S6 that my dad found on the bus when he was out near Delaware. I thought it would be an awesome addition and that I'd be able to use it on T-Mobile, I've done it before, why not on the S6? Well, for some reason unlike the Verizon S3 and S5 I've used with my T-Mobile Sim, the S6 has been very stubborn. I've tried researching online but have found mixed answers. From what I've read since the posts were kind've old, the S6 could easily be switched to T-Mobile when it was on Lollipop with a simple tweak of the APN settings. Since the marshmallow update was pretty recent, I've tried time and time again with all of T-Mobile's APN's and I simply cannot get it to work. Does anyone have any insight on this? Is it simply because its on 6.0.1?


Some info on what happens:

When I insert the SIM and power on, it simply says "This is not a Verizon Sim" with no service whatsoever and "Emergency Calls Only"
Any changing of the APN has no effect, switching between LTE/CDMA, LTE/GSM/UTMS, and GLOBAL does nothing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/290gA06
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment