Thursday, June 9, 2016

Options after Rooting

I currently have an locked, unrooted Z5C.

I've always rooted my old phones because I liked trying out new features and hopefully get a better faster phone. However, certain things are critical to me (Phone calls, Camera, GPS, Data/Wifi).

To start with, I basically hope to be able to get some software requiring root to work (Gsam Battery root companion, xposed) and see if there are some bug fixes (like volume boost). Then any improvements to speed (ie. debloating, etc). Then any added functionality like improved GUIs, better ability to backup.

I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and root or keep waiting for custom ROMs to mature.

As I understand it, there is a procedure to unlock your phone, root, then load replacement DRM keys. What are my options after doing this? Looking thorugh threads, it seems like these are my options:

1. Install back the stock rom. Will this give me identical functionality to what I have now but with the ability to run root-apps?
2. Install a custom ROM. I basically see CM13, XPower, OMNI. If I use a custom ROM, do I loose access to all sony software? (ie. camera app, advanced camera features)
2a. CM13, I see there is currently a bug with videos and bluetooth so that is prob a dealbreaker for me at this point.
2b. XPower ROM. I've been trying to determine what the known bugs for this ROM are.
2c. OMNIROM seems to have issues with the camera so that's prob a dealbreaker as well.

Am I missing any other options?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1UjPC3e
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment